Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lesson 3: Patch Tool

The patch tool is another tool for removing something from an image where the lasso won't do. Part 1: In this image I've removed the boat from the background using just the patch tool.

Before

After


In Part 2 I've used both the patch tool and the spot healing brush. The patch tool was used to remove the people over Tony's shoulder and the spot healing brush was used to smooth the water Tony's shoulder.

Before

After


Here is a photo of me taken with my phone in the car. I used the patch tool to lighten some shadowy areas, removed one earring and some freckles, the arm of my glasses and the lines on my neck.
Before

After

Here is a YouTube tutorial on how to use the patch tool. This video is easy to understand and the film maker explains things in such a way as not to confuse you. He is easy to listen to, speaks clearly and slowly enough for you to practice along with him. I am fortunate enough to have 2 computers next to one another so had this video playing on one computer while I was following along in Photoshop on the other computer. I was so impressed by this guy's tutorials that I have subscribed to him.




No comments:

Post a Comment